Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Salade de haricots au fromage de chèvre


I'll be the first to admit it: I'm on a French kick. And I have no idea what initiated this. All I know is that if I have another lettuce-based salad, this vegetarian is going to go off the deep end. I just could not take it any more.

French-style green beans, or hericot verts,  were on sale at the grocery. And they looked gorgeous. Luscious, if that's possible. I walked by, they gave me a wink, and said "Hubba, hubba. Où allez-vous, monsieur"? Into the basket they went.

With Mastering the Art of French Cooking in storage (...psst! The Piccolo Gourmet has moved [!] ), I had to turn to another source. I saw a recipe that was simple enough. And it was. And equally as delicious. It also required 2 of my favorite foods (goat cheese and lima beans), so I was sold.

Steam fresh green beans (12 oz. or so) and set aside. Boil frozen artichoke hearts and lima beans (your desired amount; I used 5 or 6 ounces of each) in salted water . Drain and set aside. Chop up a large handful of fresh herbs and throw them in a large bowl. Add a heavy dash of olive oil, all of your vegetables, and stir to coat. Add salt and a dash of white wine vinegar. Dollop your servings with goat cheese or  fromage de chèvre and a heavy crush of black peppercorns.

Done. And a healthy, quick dinner for after work. Quelle merveille!

No comments:

Post a Comment